In 2019 we will celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Lanier Technical College Ammonia program in our new Training Facility making us the oldest and longest running hands-on ammonia training program in the country with the newest state-of-the-art ammonia lab.
Lanier Technical College’s new campus will be almost double its current Oakwood Campus and will allow for an improved student experience now and in the future.
Lab classes will not be offered (Operator I, II, III, Refresher, and Maintenance and Troubleshooting)
Non-lab classes and training at Customer’s Facilities will be available (Ammonia for Non-Operator, PSM/RMP, Hazmat 24 hour and 8 hour refresher, and On Scene Incident Commander)
• A large window from our main classroom looking directly into the new engine room. Students will be able to see the equipment as we go over them in the class.
• New and improved controls system for the whole lab.
• New control panels on all of our compressors.
• The Newest of Vilter’s Single Screw compressor line.
• A new Ammonia Detection System from Calibration Technologies.
• New Evapco Evaporators in both our Cooler and Freezer.
• New Alfa-Laval Plate & Frame Heat Exchanger for our Glycol Air Conditioning System.
• New Vent Line Flags from Tattle for every Relief Valve.
• We will also have a spot saved for a new Ammonia/CO2 Cascade System, which is coming soon.
To take full advantage of our new lab, we are updating our class curriculum to match our new equipment and prepare for the next 20 years. To share your suggestions on what you would like to see in the updated classes, email firstname.lastname@example.org
While there will be many improvements, we will continue to do the things you love about our current program: