The Adult Education Program is specifically designed for adults who have different needs, backgrounds, and skills. For that reason, a flexible program has been created which meets their needs.
Lanier Technical College is ready to assist individuals to reach their dreams and capture their future.
Each of the seven counties that serve Lanier Technical College have locations to assist adult learners in obtaining skills which make students more successful and confident in the workplace and in society.
GED® and English Literacy classes taught at Lanier Technical College are free of charge.
GED® instruction includes beginning reading, writing, and math all the way to high school completion through the General Education Development (GED®) Program.
Desmond Vaird. Statewide 2016 EAGLE Award winner from Lanier Tech's Adult Education program.
The following GED® services are offered at no cost:
- Assessment of skills
- Personal attention from Teachers and Tutors
- Use of textbooks and computers
- Individualized instruction
- A comprehensive educational plan for each student
- Life skills instruction
- Materials to utilize while studying at home
English Literacy classes for non-English speakers are also a part of the curriculum. Besides the above GED® services, additional support is offered for English Literacy classes at no cost:
- Classes for all levels of learners
- Awareness of the responsibilities and rights of citizens
- Improved speaking, writing, and listening skills
- Pronunciation and usage of the English language.
By taking the step to continue studying at Lanier Technical College, you can:
- Set your own goals
- Have a schedule that fits your needs
- Study in a location close to home or work
- Receive instruction from experienced instructors
- Use textbooks, computers, and software that are provided for your study.
Lanier Technical College stands ready to serve students to reach their dreams and capture their future.
Please visit our full website for more information.