Surgical Technology is an exciting career in the healthcare industry working in the operating room alongside surgeons, assisting them during surgical procedures. Surgical Technologists are involved in all aspects of surgical patient care from preparing the operating room, surgical instruments and supplies to anticipating the surgeon’s needs during the surgical procedure. Surgical Technologists are employed in hospital operating rooms and ambulatory specialty surgery centers.
Why Lanier Tech?
- Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Accredited by the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology & Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA)
- Graduated are eligible to sit for the National Board of Surgical Technology certifying exam
- 100% job placement rate
- 100% pass rate on the National Board exam
- Program takes one year (3 consecutive semesters) after core classes are completed
- Graduates are awarded an Associate of Applied Science degree in Surgical Technology
We start a new surgical technology class every other semester. Our next class will start at the new Hall County campus in the spring semester (January) 2019. Students will receive a combination of classroom, lab and clinical instruction. Clinical rotations are completed in the operating rooms of all hospitals in our service area. For more information visit our website at http://www.laniertech.edu , email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 770-533-6972
This program is available at:
- Hall Campus