The Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) Program serves our community by preparing entry-level nursing graduates to meet the evolving healthcare needs of a diverse population, and by integrating the essential values of caring, integrity, excellence, empathy, holism and ethical and patient-centered care. The ASN program is committed to transforming individuals into dedicated, professional, critical thinkers whose basis of care is founded upon current scientific evidence.
Upon successful completion of the ASN program, graduates will be eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN); this is a standardized exam that each state board of nursing utilizes to determine if a candidate is prepared for entry-level nursing practice as a Registered Nurse.
Why Lanier Tech?
- Experienced, professional instructors
- Great job placement rate
- Graduates will be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN (licensure exam)
- Convenient, accessible location
- Reasonable program costs
- Lanier Technical College is accredited by SACSCOC
- Multiple campuses offer prerequisite courses, as well as online offerings of prerequisites
- Excellent Financial Aid options
Information Sessions at Forsyth
This program covers topics in:
- RN employment in LTC’s service delivery area is projected to rise by 41% in the next 10 years
- Graduates will be eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
- Registered Nurses must be licensed by the Georgia Board of Nursing
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics lists the median salary for Registered Nurses at $70K/yr
- Compassionate, competent patient care
- Nursing critical thinking skills
- Patient assessment
- Management of patients across the lifespan
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Maternal/Pediatric Nursing
- Transition to entry-level Nursing practice
- Current Nursing skills and trends
This program is available at:
- Forsyth Campus